Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Goin' Wild ~


Well, it's been awhile. Something interesting happened yesterday! Well, that's kinda why I have this sudden urge to write it down before it vanishes in my mind. I have this Cambodian friend of mine who just came back from Cambodia. And she brought back some local delicacy with her to share with the whole class. Well, I must say it was not how I imagined it to be, because I never knew the size of these things were that humongous!


When she opened the container almost every single one in the class including the professor were surrounding my discussion table. The second she opened the container the whole class just went wild and lots of "ewwwwwwww..." in the air. Because the container was stuffed with deep-fried insects such as spiders, silkworms, crickets and one unknown-but-seriously-big-bug!




Curiousity had me. I did not succumb to the fear that I could end up having diarrhoea. I ate a tiny part of the spider and a silkworm. It was rather un-insect-like when I was chewing it. Because it reminded me of soft-shell crab somehow. However, I dislike the taste that lingered in my mouth for the whole lesson though.




Something interesting happened ... I ate spider and silkworm.










No comments: